And so to Monday.
If it wasn’t weird enough to have Gaunt’s name popping up all over Brasil, here’s another old friend too.
Today’s point of contention is going to be “Top Five Marvel Heroes”. Right now, this morning, mine are:
a) Iron Man
b) Adam Warlock
c) Doctor Strange
d) Scarlet Witch
Quite apart from the Freudian analysis field-day that list undoubtedly invites, what about you? Who are your Marvel heroes?
mmm... my top five would be:
d) Iron Man
Sorry this isn't about Marvel but....LOL!
Those links were definitely me lol of the morning, thank you very much Mr. Abnett! It'll keep me amused for a while.
Might get back with marvel later.
3. Jessica Jones
4. Dominic Fortune
Can't believe that Rocket Raccoon isn't in any list! Mind you I couldn't really fit him in mine...
My top five are probably -
A) Jamie Madrox
D) Black Bolt
E) Captain America
Had a customer ask who would win in a fight between Rocket Raccoon and Atomic Robo and I came to the conclusion that they wouldn't actually fight, more likely to sit down and wisecrack with each other.
Many thanks again for the donations to our charity raffle too!
1) Iron Man
5) Scarlet Spider
I've always liked your ability to create names that sound real and believable, not just in context but in general.
- Iron Fist
- Jessica Jones
- Union Jack
Your list is really strong, but I would never have guessed Scarlet Witch.
Well my top five would be as follows:
A) Iron Man (Tony Stark)
B) Gambit (Remy LeBeau)
C) Nick Fury (General/Colonel/Dr)
D) The Hulk (Dr Bruce Banner)
E) Sentry (Robert Reynolds)
Top 5 Marvels?
1. Blackagar Boltagon
3. Doctor Strange
5. Doctor Doom
1. Dr Strange
3. Iron Man
4. Professor X
5. Phoenix (Rachel Summers)
Ooo, a tougie.
a) Iron Man
c) Captain America
Ok, background: Iron Man because he's a huge profiteer/capitalist/cheuvanist. Wolvering and CPT America are actually equal; they both fought in WWII, after all. Spiderman is like all of us. Hulk...well Hulk smash.
1) Iron Man
- Mimic http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mimic_(comics)
- Iron Man
- Captain America
Mr Abnett: please tell me if you like (or if you can drink)wine and I will try to send you a bottle for your Wine-cellar.
By the way the name "colberc" originates in the blending of two vine-stock that you can found here in Argentina, Malbec and Corvina, That it´s made in the Tupungato Department.
Here it´s the wiki (it has some links) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tupungato_Department
What can I say? I'd have to go with Hit-Girl. Kicks more ass than anyone else and the smack talk is mean.
1. Larry Hama's Wolverine. I know he's overrated, overpowered, and overexposed, but Hama made him the desperately honorable, lonely, tortured soul he needs to be.
2. Jim Starlin's Adam Warlock. Distant, inhuman, and seemingly capable of only feeling human emotions like rage or grief. That disconnect with humanity combined with the his possession of the soul gem is profoundly ironic. The other half of Thanos.... See More
3. Jim Starlin's Thanos. The greatest schemer in the universe. No one, no one, dreams bigger and no one else can, could, or would do the things he has. The winning card in the "Who can beat who?" superhero game. The other half of Warlock.
4. Mark Millar's Ultimate Captain America. Not quite the 616 Marvel U Cap we know and love, Millar makes him more deadly and more believable than anyone else.
5. I honestly can't think of a fifth. Those guys above are 90% of the reason I love comics. Chuck Dixon's insane Punisher, Warren Ellis' effortless Iron Man and Kurt Busiek's Phil Sheldon, for being more human than I am.
1. Captain America
2. Silver Surfer
5. Ghost Rider
my top 5 marvel heroes are (drumroll please)
Mine would be:
d) Moon Knight
e) Ghost Rider
...with Hawkeye, War Machine and Union Jack bubbling under.
I love how in the real comic Iron Man,all the other superheroes had to have an intervention for him.
It is not right to be DWI in flying power armor,I wonder if he flew though some lady's house.
Maybe Aunt May :)
Note that I don't read as many comics as I should, so my list is a little schitzo and unexciting:
2) Iron Man
3) Roland Deschain (Dark Tower)
4) Captain America
5) Doctor Doom
Runner ups include Professor X, Doctor Strange and Punisher.
Weirdly enough, my Iron Man love was sparked not by comics or movies, but an Iron Man action figure I had when I was seven.
a) Kitty Pryde
d) Black Bolt
e) Doctor Strange
Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Blink, and Reed Richards are all right behind the first five though.
Right now, this evening
1) Hyperion (from Marvel Max Squadron Supreme)
3) Jamie Madrox
4) Nick Fury
5) Bucky Cap
Top Five Though would be:
well guess my top 5 marvel heroes is as follow
2: The Punisher
5: Marshal Law (if Epic character counts since it were part of marvel)
Hi Mr Abnett!
This is my Top 5
1- Scarlet Witch
3- Kitty Pride
4- Photon/Pulsar(Monica Rambeu)
1. Darkhawk -I just dig the costume really.
2. Earth X saga Black Bolt. Proper hero.
3. Peter David era smart hulk.
4. Byrne run 4th wall breaking She Hulk.
5. Warren Ellis' reworking of Druid.
a) Beta Ray Bill
b) Iron Man
c) Dr. Strange
d) Nova (and that's on you)
e) Darkhawk. I know, I know. I just like the guy. Nostalgia, what can I say.
The Punisher from the MAX series is tops, of course, but he hardly counts as a MU character.
In no particular order
Helstorm (Damion Hellstrom)
Rom (the Space Knight)
Scourge (debatlable whether he is a "Hero" but he sure did clean a lot of losers off the marvel universe streets!!!)
Post a Comment