Monday, July 19, 2010

San Diego ComiCon: A Danwatcher's Guide

ComiCon fast approaches. If you're going to be there, and you'd like to stop by and say hello to me (or to me AND Andy Lanning), here's a list of the whys and wherefores of when I'm supposed to be around:


THURSDAY

3.15 - 4.15 Mr Lanning and I will be part of the Mighty Marvel Mondo panel in room 6DE

5.00 - 6.00 I'll be on SFX magazine's “British Invasion” panel in room 5AB


FRIDAY

10.00 - 11.00 I'll be doing an Ultramarines signing at Autograph Area (AA) 20 in the Sails Pavilion

5.00 - 6.00 Andy Lanning and I will be signing at the Marvel Comics stand (# 2329)


SATURDAY

10.00 - 11.00 I'll be signing at the SFX Magazine stand (# 5567)

11.00 - 12.00 Team DnA return to the Marvel stand (# 2329) for another signing


At other times, I'll be strolling around the show going "wow" and "cor"' and "well, I never". Alternatively, Andy's sharing a table in Artists' Alley with the fabulous Todd Nauck, so that might well be a place to come and find us, or at least find out when we're likely to be there. Todd's stand is BB13. Go visit him anyway and drool over his fantastic art. Please bear in mind he'll be very happy to see you, but he's NOT there to be our social secretary for the convention. ;)

So... hands up who'll be in San Diego?

18 comments:

Unknown said...

*Hands up from Denmark*
I'll be there, and I'll bring my copy of Fell Cargo(best fantasy on my shelf) for signing =)

Also, come by Microsoft's booth with Summer of Arcade games and check out LIMBO, I'll be representing the game and giving away details and hand out...

C ya...

TheSGC said...

I'm a few hundred miles above, but I just don't have the money for a domestic ticket to Cal State. Damn! Well, I do have a friend down there, so I could ask him to take pictures and video...maybe even an autograph for me...

Vividwings said...

*Waves hand in the air* I will, and in costume, no less. I don't suppose you'd sign a chainsword instead of a book?

Dragunov said...

Sorry Dan, not going to be there, but just had to write and say I have just read the sample of the Sabbat Worlds Anthology...

I am totally speechless, brilliant, brilliant work!

I don't understand a talent that can send ice down your veins in a sentence and make you cheer in the very next.

Amazing!!

D said...

I'll be there Saturday! My well-worn, duct-taped spine copy of Eisenhorn is up at home in Seattle, but I'll be buying a new copy tomorrow if you would grace it with your scrawl! :D

Dan Abnett said...

Vividwings and D - yes and yes, happily ;)

Pyoska said...

-waves her hands!-

I'll be there in my steampunk finest with Horus Rising and Eisenhorn in hand! Can't wait to see you!

Anonymous said...

I want to be where!!!!!!!!
Damn work!

Anonymous said...

Yeah i know its about Comic Con, but i really want to praise Dan for one fantastic thing that he done in all his books! Mister Abnett make the simple death of the persons very very realistic and real!
Like the major part of the Ghosts which dies not like hero count 1 on 100, but in simple, stupid ways.
Like - shot by a kid, by murderer, falling from dropship, getting poisoned, burn alive, shot by commissar, killed by his friend, boiled alive, shot by mistake, hit by a boulder etc. etc. etc. etc.

Thats simply fantastic! Thank you for your work!

Anonymous said...

AAAAAAAAAAA i want Salvation Reach and Sabbat Worlds Anthology!
The sons of sek made an ambush at my window! Damn need to scout ahead!

Will Wright said...

Ya know that is what I need a signed copy of both the Eisenhorn and Ravenor omnibuses(omnibi?)

Plan on making it up to Long Island anytime soon :)

sredni vashtar said...

I'm currently stranded and penniless in Manhattan, otherwise I'd certainly have skipped over there. Once again I fail at Abnettspotting :(

Will Wright said...

Any chance you can crash Games Day 2010 Baltimore? :)

Nik Vincent said...

BigWill - I believe that's on the cards.

Will Wright said...

You just made my day Nik,need to buy fresh copys of my two favorite Omnibi.
Cannot wait to meet you guys there.

D said...

Weeeaakkk...I missed you yesterday at the 5567 and marvel booths. But my friends Pat and Heather caught up to you and you signed there copy "Repent Heretics"! Ha ha! On there behalf, thank you!

T. Ryan Arnold said...

Hey Dan! Thanks for signing not one, not two, but THREE books for me at Comic Con. Excited to hear that the squadron from Double Eagle will be making a return in the Sabbat Worlds short story collection. Totally great to finally meet you after years of jealously reading about all the signings that happen over in the UK. Keep up the good work!

Forkmaster said...

Awesome pcitures. I wish I could have gone there. It must have been hard not looking in the wrong places of the assassin with the overly huge sword.