Sunday, July 10, 2011

Ice, Ice Baby!



I'm posting this picture to explain why I haven't been blogging as much as usual of late (sorry 'bout that). I've been busy with this little project. A few advance notices have appeared on Amazon and similar sites, but I thought it was time I blogged an official word here as well. It's due out for Christmas - it's a Christmassy kinda story, as you can tell by the, uh, Ice Warriors - so it's on a helluva tight turn around. But it's also a helluva big honour to write this year's major hardback (last year's Christmas book was by Mr Moorcock, if you recall). I'm loving every minute of it, and I think it's going to be a cracker.

OMG, I didn't just make the 'Christmas cracker' joke in public, did I?

Anyway - Amy, Rory, Matt Smith's Doctor and some Ice Warriors. Did I mention the Ice Warriors? I got chills, baby! Chills!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

So thats why The Keeler image was postponed?

Dukeleto said...

GREAT news, congrats Dan, can't wait to read it. So you'll be writing the show before long, then?? :-D

Big said...

Now that looks Gouche!

Matthew Churchill said...

Fantastic! I love the Ice Warriors. Be interesting to read your take on them. And the Christmas hardback, no less!
M

Mike said...

Great news! Going on my Christmas list fo' sho'!

Anonymous said...

OMG well, i suppose y will start reading doctor who now and not just watching the show. That's great, thank you

Lee Sullivan said...

(N)ice :)

Minitrol said...

I LOVE Ice Warriors totally under utilised concept.

Duke_Leto said...

Much as I am sure it is exciting for Dr Who fans and nice for you Dan to stretch your creative muscles across other IPs - I wish I could lock you in an Inquisition cell and force feed you Codices and other fluff and insist you turn out at least three W40k novels a year!!!!!

And yes, surely that must be why The Keeler Image is delayed? Damn you Dr Who!!! Damn you!

P.S. BLGraeme on the Bolthole hinted at something Eisenhorn related still coming this year. Pray tell?

Signed - The REAL Duke_Leto

Anonymous said...

Dan thank you for your work! You are my favorite foreign writer! As for me your best works are Horus Rising, Legion, first book of Eisenhorn and Riders of the dead. In the meantime awaiting Salvations Reach - i really love where the Ghost serie is going!

TomBakerIsMyDoctor said...

Doctor who and Dan Abnett?

thats like two of my three favorite things combined!

AWESOME!

Buy Renova said...

Looking forward to Christmas!!