Monday, March 13, 2006

ON

Is this thing on?

Hello. Thanks for stopping by. I’m not quite sure what I’m doing yet, but ta for coming along to watch.

For a good while now, I’ve been approached at conventions and games days by, literally, some people, who have asked me why I haven’t got a website. The answer was I never seemed to have the time to get one properly sorted out, even though someone had been kind enough to provide the framework. I wanted it to be, at least, slightly amusing, and I discovered that when you write about yourself in a jolly way, what you’ve written tends to make you cringe about ten minutes later.

For this reason, I finally got someone else to be particularly silly on my behalf. Matt Snyman took photos and borrowed stuff from my workroom and generally made me look like a very odd person (“You mad bugger” Marc Gascoigne, 2006), and all I had to do was put some words into some balloons.

What’s going to happen now? Well, it’s my intention to natter here as often as I get the chance, and to invite you to natter back, comment, and otherwise add your opinions. Some restraint would be welcomed, as there will be children in earshot.

You might have questions. I might have information on latest publications, convention appearances, or something I saw on telly last night. Or something even less specific than that. Like the fact that my daughter Lily came home from school the other day and sang “I need the toilet” to the tune of “We are the Champions”.

Let’s just see what happens.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

*soils himself in excitement at this new exciting world*

OK I'll go now, but don't blame me, I'm schaferlord, the link to this site should've been kept out of my hands at all costs. I'll clean up first though.

Dan Abnett said...

At least he said he'd clean up.

Anonymous said...

yep I said I'd clean up before leaving, *sets about doing no cleaning* gotta love the loopholes

Anonymous said...

Yep, sounds like Lily!